Prayers for the Wicked

 

"They said there’s always hope or am I just gullible?"

 Hey guys! I won't do much talking today because the poem explains itself.  I hope you enjoy today's poem and don't forget to comment below any of your thoughts and subscribe for more content.  If you can relate to this in any way just know that we always find strength in hope, that despite all our bad experiences something better is going to happen to you. Something far too good that you're probably not even ready for. 

Read away... 



PRAYERS FOR THE WICKED
Alone and afraid for way too long



I kneel down and fold my hands like a believer,

Not pretending to be a saint cause I’m a sinner,

But I heard them telling stories that you’re a listener,

That you love and then you care you like a giver,

I don’t know what will work I broke when I was younger,

So I kneel and close my eyes finding hope beneath the vacuum.

 


So I kneel and close my eyes finding hope beneath the vacuum.

Alone and afraid for way too long,

I’m looking for a way to right my wrong,

But it’s hard when you don’t know where you went wrong,

They say you’re like a saviour where you been all along?

I don’t know what to think so excuse my angry tone,

It could be the bitterness from being forever alone

But I kneel and close my eyes to find strength inside my bones

 

I won’t lie I’ve heard them preach and watched them try to dazzle me,

Talking about a being that’ll love and take care of me,

That despite all our differences you love us equally,

I say they’ve never felt the cold pierce their skin the way I did,

They’d never been awake at 2am getting whopped by uncle Timothy,

They were never between houses living in uncertainty


 

I’m just a broken piece that doesn’t fit the puzzle,

I heard there was a dad but then he screams trouble

Without the mother I yearned for, I’m untouchable inside my bubble,

They try to burst it open with those sweet tender lies, unbelievable!

They said there’s always hope or am I just gullible?

If my prayer doesn’t work, they might all be in trouble.

 

Pardon me again,

threats escape my mouth like the Joker knows to kill,  

They say I need to heal, and maybe then I can feel,

But I can’t find the wound or is it buried deep inside of me?

Still on my knees, I hope you’re still listening,

Or did you walk away like my mom or Aunty Winnie,

I won’t cast a blame everyone’s walked away from me.



Hope you enjoyed reading this. If you are new here and would like to read more poems like this, you can start by checking where it hurts, soft spot and colors of depression. However, if you'd like something with a different theme you could start with Binti from Abroad (such a lovely read which I'm sure you're going to love!)

Is there something specific you would like to read about? love? heartbreak? poverty? Leave a comment below and let me know the kind of content that I should create for you next time. If you're too shy to leave a comment, shoot me an email and I will respond as quickly as I can. One more thing, if you relate to any of this or are struggling with anything comment below or email me because I'm always ready to listen.

Don't forget to subscribe for better content.

Until next time...



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular

Soft Spot

BINTI FROM ABROAD